Eating raw does not mean you need to give up on eating desserts. This recipe shows a very simple way to satisfy your cravings for chocolate. The dessert balls use cacao, carob, and cashews as its base. This dessert is deliciously chocolatey without artificial sweeteners.
This recipe takes about 5 minutes to prepare. The balls need to set in the freezer for 1 hour. Serves 2 to 3.
• 1 cup of raw cacao
• 1 cup of raw carob
• 1 cup of cashew nuts
• 1/4 cup of hemp seeds
• Half a cup of coconut oil
• 1/3 cup and 1 tbsp of raw honey
• 1 tbsp of spirulina
• 2 pinches of Celtic sea salt
• Shredded dried coconut
Crush the cashews in a food processor until crumbly.
Pour coconut oil and honey into the mix. Pulse for a few seconds.
Add hemp seeds, spirulina, carob, cacao powder, and salt into the food processor.
Pulse until it turns into a dough-like texture.
Roll into balls using your hands.
Coat the balls with shredded dried coconut.
Place the balls in the freezer for an hour to set.
Ideas And Tips:
• Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae that can be consumed by both humans and animals. It is often used as a dietary supplement and as a whole food. It is rich in protein and essential amino acids. It is also a big source of iron.
• Carob comes from the carob tree which is also known as locust-tree. This tree is native to the Mediterranean region such as Southern Europe, Northern Africa, and Western Asia. The tree’s pods are dried and used as food. Carob is mildly sweet and brownish in color. Very similar to cacao, carob is a popular alternative to chocolate. Carob comes in power, chips, or syrup form. It is a popular ingredient in pastries and desserts.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuGi4gEkMy8