Cheese is a favorite among many people. It is used for a variety of dishes such as pizza, pasta, sauces, dips, and sandwiches. However, some cannot consume cheese due to health reasons. This cheese recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and 100% vegan. Using all natural ingredients and no cooking involved, this cashew cheese is great for any dish.
This recipe takes about 10 minutes to make. Makes cheese good for 4 to 5.
• 2 cups of cashews
• 3 tbsp of olive oil
• 3 to 4 tbsp of lemon juice
• 1 tsp of salt
• 1 tsp of granulated garlic
• Half a cup of basil
• 1 tbsp of agave nectar
Place all the ingredients in the Vitamix blender.
Blend on low.
Scrape the sides to make sure it is blended together well.
Add more lemon juice until preferred consistency is achieved.
To make the rawviolis, slice zucchini using a mandolin.
Spread olive oil on the edges of the zucchini slices.
Add cashew cheese in the middle.
Cover with another zucchini slice on top, and seal the edges with your fingers.
Ideas And Tips:
• Soak the cashews for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight. This will stimulate the enzymes in the cashews. Drain them before putting it in the Vitamix blender.
• Vitamix is a brand of high-powered blenders. It is preferred that you use this type of blender for this recipe. If you don’t have one, you can use a food processor instead.
• You can use other types of nuts for this recipe. You can use almonds, walnuts, peanuts, macadamia nuts, or pecans.
• Basil is included in this recipe to make a pesto-flavored cheese. You can leave these out and just use the cheese as it is.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgN6PSq7BJ4