Taco salad is an American dish that originated in the state of Texas. It is usually made out of tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, guacamole, and salsa. There are other variations wherein seafood, chicken, meat, or rice are added. This recipe is a raw and vegan variation of this popular American dish.
• 1 medium-sized mango
• 1 cup of sweet corn
• Half a cup of cherry tomatoes
• 1/4 of a medium-sized onion
• 2 tbsp of cilantro
• 1/3 of a medium-sized avocado
• Half a tsp of fresh lemon juice
• 1 cup of fresh celery
• 1 cup of Romaine leaves
• 5 medium-sized cherry tomatoes
• Dried basil leaves
• 2 medium-sized Romaine or lettuce leaves
This recipe takes 20 minutes to prepare. Serves 2.
To make the dressing, place cherry tomatoes and dried basil leaves in a blender or food processor.
Pulse until smooth.
For the salad, mix all of the ingredients together in a big bowl.
Pour the dressing over the salad.
Toss the salad to coat the salad with the dressing.
Serve the salad on Romaine or lettuce leaves.
Ideas And Tips:
• You can add more ingredients to this salad. You can add parsley, fresh basil, bell peppers, chilis, cucumbers, and nuts.
• You can also put this salad on rice paper wraps. You just need to dip the wraps in water and then scoop some salad on them. Fold and roll them.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGAo_Z5TvXU