Mushrooms give dishes a deliciously earthy and hearty flavor. The easiest way to cook them is simply to sauté them. This recipe gives a really simple way of cooking mushrooms in under 30 minutes. Infused with garlic and caramelized onion, this dish is perfect for vegans. You can pair this dish with steamed rice, over pasta as a sauce, or enjoy it as it is.
This recipe takes about 20 to 25 minutes to make. Serves 2 to 3.
• 3 cups of baby button mushrooms
• 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
• 1 clove of garlic
• 2 tbsp of olive oil
• 1 tsp of soy sauce
• 1/4 cup of white wine
• Fresh parsley
Use a damp towel to clean the baby button mushrooms.
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
Cook onion and garlic for about 3 to 5 minutes until they are tender.
Add the baby bottom mushrooms for 8 to 10 minutes. Stir the mushrooms frequently.
Season with soy sauce, salt, pepper, and white wine.
Cook until the wine evaporates for 3 to 5 minutes.
Garnish with fresh parsley.
Ideas And Tips:
• If you have bigger mushrooms, you can slice them into smaller pieces. After wiping clean with a damp towel, you may also want to cut off the ends as they are usually packed with dirt as well.
• You can add more ingredients to this recipe. This is a very basic mushroom dish. You can add more vegetables like broccoli, eggplant, or bell peppers.
• Aside from white wine, you can also use chicken or vegetable stock.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pv1v2WSavQ