Sometimes it is difficult to make kids eat their vegetables. Nuggets are usually made from chicken meat that has been breaded and deep-fried. This recipe sneaks in some mixed vegetables in a creamy mashed potato base. The nuggets are coated in crushed corn flakes and fried until golden brown. These nuggets are crunchy on the outside, but creamy and soft on the inside. Everyone will love these homemade nuggets.
This recipe takes 35 minutes to make. Serves 3.
• 1 kg of mashed potatoes
• 2 to 3 cups of frozen mixed vegetables
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup of flour
• 2 cups of crushed corn flakes
To make mashed potatoes, boil 1 kilo of peeled potatoes until tender.
Use a masher to break down the potatoes.
Put mixed vegetables with the mashed potatoes.
Season with salt and pepper depending on preferred taste.
Use hands to roll potato mix into a ball and flatten to resemble a nugget.
Light beat eggs and place in a bowl.
Prepare flour and crushed corn flakes in separate bowls.
Coat nuggets with flour and then dip in egg mixture.
Next, dip the nuggets in the crushed corn flakes bowl.
Fry the nuggets in very hot oil until golden brown.
Ideas And Tips:
• There are so many other ingredients that you can use for this recipe. Aside from mixed vegetables, you can add bacon, cheese, canned tuna, or other vegetables.
• Aside from crushed cornflakes, you can use panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) or ordinary breadcrumbs.
• You can also bake these nuggets in the oven for 10 minutes.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZjGH0S0GB4