Grapefruit has been dubbed as one of the world’s healthiest food. The grapefruit tree originated in Barbados and has two known species: sweet orange and pomelo. It has been named as grapefruit because the fruit grows in clusters on the tree, and thus resembling grapes. This recipe gives you all the delicious juices of the grapefruit which is packed with Vitamin C. Strawberries add a beautiful reddish pink color to the smoothie and gives you loads of antioxidants.
This recipe takes about 5 to 6 minutes to make. This batch of smoothie is good for one person for 2 to 3 days.
• 1 grapefruit
• Half a cup of strawberries
• 1 cup of water
• 1 inch of chopped ginger
• 1 apple
Using a knife, cut off the top of the grapefruit, and then peel downwards like peeling an orange.
Slice the grapefruit into bite-size pieces.
Remove the stems from the strawberries, and cut them in half.
Remove the skin from the ginger and slice into thin strips.
Add all of the ingredients together in a blender.
Blend until smooth.
Ideas And Tips:
• When making smoothies, add the softest ingredients first in the blender so that it blends easier.
• Always remove the grapefruit seeds before blending. Their seeds are bitter.
• You can add more ingredients to this smoothie based on what you have and what you prefer. Suggested ingredients include raisins, prunes, dried fruit, walnuts, almonds, rolled oats, chia seeds, and banana.
• If you want to keep the apple skin, make sure to wash them thoroughly first as the skins.
• You can set aside the grapefruit skin to add to water for a refreshing kick.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Rbz2QGuFk