The secret to the best and crispiest onion rings is out! The surprise ingredient may give you a confused cloud over your head, but try it to believe it!
This recipe takes 18 to 20 minutes to prepare. Serves 2.
• 2 to 3 yellow onions, cut into rings
• One quarter cup of cornstarch
• Half a cup of flour
• 2 tbsps of instant mashed potato mix
• 1 cup of cold club soda
• 2 to 3 cups of Japanese breadcrumbs
In a mixing bowl, add flour, cornstarch, and cayenne, Mix well.
Pout the club soda with the dry ingredients. Mix together. Let it sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
Add the breadcrumbs onto a plate or pan.
Dip the onion rings in the batter and then coat them with the breadcrumbs.
Fry the coated onion rings at 350F oil for 2.5 to 3 minutes at a time.
Sprinkle with salt before serving.
Ideas And Tips:
• Make sure that the onion rings are only ¼ inch thick. If they are much thicker than that, it will not cook all the way through.
• If you can’t find the Japanese breadcrumbs (also known as Panko), you can use ordinary breadcrumbs or make your own.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mz4NTozNXw