note – the original video for this recipe is “no longer available”, so I found an alternate video to take its place. Please note that ingredients and technique may vary slightly from the written version below.
Green smoothies may look intimidating for those who have not tried it, but it is packed with nutrients and vitamins. This simple smoothie recipe is a great way to start your day by drinking it for breakfast. Great drink to bring with you to work or to school. It is refreshing, sweet and all natural.
Note – the original video for this recipe is no longer available so we chose another one that got great reviews!
This recipe takes about 6 to 8 minutes to make. Serves 2.
• 1 banana
• 2 handfuls of spinach
• 1 stick of celery
• Small piece of ginger
• 1/4 of a cucumber
• Handful of chopped pineapple
• Coconut water
Slice your ingredients small enough to put in your blender.
Peel off the skin on the ginger.
Dice ginger into small pieces.
Place the banana, spinach, celery, ginger, cucumber, and pineapple into the blender.
Blend until smooth.
Add your coconut water, and blend again for a minute.
Ideas And Tips:
• Spinach leaves are loaded with iron. It may give a bitter taste, so you can opt to add some honey or agave to your smoothie for added sweetness.
• Aside from spinach, you can also add kale to this smoothie.
• Pineapples are high in manganese and vitamin C. What’s great about pineapples is that it is easy to find them in stores all year round. They are also inexpensive and gives a sweet and sour taste.
• Celeries are often used in cooking and have been cultivated as a vegetable for a long time. You can use the stalks, leaves, and seeds of this marshland plant. Celery seeds are often used as spices and as medicine. Celeries are often associated with weight-loss diets because it provides low-calorie fiber.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg2BarAROnc