If you want to add more fish to your diet but are intimidated by the cooking process, then this recipe is perfect for you. Fish fillets are readily available in the market. The fishmonger already took care of all the dirty work for you.
To make this recipe, the fillets are first soaked in a simple salt and water solution. They are then coated with a mixture of flour, cornmeal, and seasonings. The fish fillets are savory and crispy on the outside but moist and tender on the inside. These fillets are perfect with any dipping sauce or with sautéed or steamed vegetables on the side.
• 5 skin-on fish fillets
• 2 cups of water
• 1 tbsp of salt
• ½ cup of all-purpose flour
• ½ cup of yellow cornmeal
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1 tsp ground black pepper
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 cup of vegetable oil
This recipe takes about 45 to 50 minutes to make. Serves 4 to 5.
In a large bowl, mix water and salt.
Soak fish fillets in the salt and water solution for 15 to 20 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour and cornmeal together.
Add salt, garlic powder, onion powder, ground black pepper, and paprika.
Mix well using a wire whisk to make sure all the ingredients are well blended.
Remove the fish fillets from the soaking solution, then coat them immediately with the flour mixture.
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
Fry fish fillets for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Place fried fish fillets on a plate lined with paper towel to drain excess oil before serving.
Ideas And Tips:
• You can use any white fish fillet for this recipe. You may also have the fish skin removed.
• The fish fillets will still be wet when you remove them from the soaking solution. This will help the coating mix stick to the fish fillets. You will no longer need egg wash.
• You can also cut the fish into goujons or fingers so they can be perfect to serve at parties.
• This recipe is also perfect for chicken and pork tenderloin.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEKtOk57Ag0