Arthritis is a type of inflammation that spans up to 200 rheumatic diseases that affect the joints and the muscles around them. Millions of patients suffer from this disease which is commonly found in adults and seniors. It can cause patients to be immobile, so it is inconvenient for most.
The ingredients in this smoothie help patient with arthritis. Turmeric in this recipe helps reduce inflammation and stiffness caused by this disease. Delicious and refreshing, this smoothie works double time to help relieve your achy joints as well.
• 1 cup of almond milk
• 1 to 2 tsp of turmeric
• One-half inch of ginger
• One-half teaspoon of cinnamon
• 1 banana, frozen or fresh
• 1 cup of pineapples, frozen or fresh
• 1 tsp of vanilla extract
• 1 large carrot, snapped into smaller pieces
• A handful of hemp seeds
This recipe takes about 5 minutes to make. Serves 2.
In a blender, pour the almond milk, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, bananas, pineapples, vanilla extract, hemp seeds, and carrot.
Blend the ingredients together until smooth.
Pour the smoothie into a glass.
Ideas And Tips:
• Hemp seeds in this recipe are optional. However, these seeds give an extra boost of protein and add creaminess to the dish. Aside from hemp seeds, you can try chia seeds or flax seeds.
• Aside from almond milk, you can substitute with coconut milk, soy milk, or cashew milk.
• Frozen fruit is used in this recipe. You can also use frozen fruit to make ice cream. Simply place the frozen fruit in a blender and add toppings such as chocolate chips, mint, honey, nuts, and chunks of fresh fruit. If you have any overripe fruits, freezing them is a great way to save them for another dish.
• For added sweetness, you can also put a splash of honey or maple syrup to the smoothie.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QMCo7M8-ZE