While it is more convenient to just dump your store-bought dressing onto your salad greens, you may want to think if it is really healthy enough for you. If you read the ingredients on the label, store-bought salad dressings contain a lot of scary stuff – oils, food colorings, stabilizers, additives, and other ingredients which can harm your health. Why eat salad if you are going to make it unhealthy?
While most people think that it is more expensive and tedious to make your own salad dressing at home, it is actually a lot cheaper and quicker to make. You also have the option to choose high-quality ingredients and control the taste. This no-fat raw vegan salad recipe only uses 3 ingredients to make the dressing – mangoes, bell peppers, and dried hot pepper. The ingredients are blended together and ready in less than 2 minutes. Enjoy your salad with raw organic dressing without any fat or oil.
• ¾ lb of fresh organic baby greens
• ¾ lb of sliced organic ripe mangoes
• ¾ lb of sliced organic bell peppers
• 1 dried organic hot pepper, seeded
This recipe takes about 5 minutes to make. Serves 5 to 6.
Put your baby greens in a large salad bowl or punch bowl.
To make the dressing, put mangoes, bell peppers and dried hot pepper in a blender.
Blend until smooth.
Pour dressing on top of the baby greens.
Give it a good toss to coat all the greens with the dressing.
Ideas And Tips:
• You can use any combination of baby greens such as radish greens, lettuce, mustard, red Russian kale, cruciferous greens or tatsoi greens.
• You can replace mango with strawberries, pears, peaches, avocados or oranges.
• You can also add nuts to the dressing to make it creamier.
• You may add more vegetables and fruits to your salad greens – such as cucumbers, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, onions, avocados, grapes, apples or oranges.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otL7dyHqnlc