Oatmeal cookies are very popular snacks made out of oats, usually with added raisins or chocolate chips. This version of this famous cookie is 100% raw, no eggs, no dairy, no flour and gluten-free. Instead of raisins or chocolate chips, these cookies have dates, apples, and raisins. These deliciously crunchy and very healthy cookies are great for snacks anytime.
This recipe takes about 15 minutes to prepare. The cookies are dehydrated for a few hours until cookies become dry and crispy.
• 1 cup of oat growth or oat sprouts
• 1/4 cup of dates
• 1/4 cup of raisins
• Assorted dried fruit
• 2.5 apples, chopped finely
• Lemon juice
• 1/4 cup of almonds
Use a grinder or blender to turn oats into powder.
Chop dates and raisins finely.
In a bowl, mix powdered oats with dates, raisins, and assorted fruit.
Grind almonds until it turns into a powdery texture.
Add ground almonds to oats mixture.
Squeeze lemon juice to diced apples.
Add apples to the oats mixture. Mix well.
Mold mixture into cookie shapes.
Place cookies in a dehydrator.
Ideas And Tips:
• You can keep these cookies in the fridge for a week in a closed container.
• There are so many other ingredients that you can add to this cookie recipe. You can add bananas, peanut butter, raw cacao nibs, chocolate chips, walnuts, and pecans.
• To make the cookies sweeter, you can also add honey, maple syrup, or agave. These sweeteners will also hold the ingredients together.
• Aside from oat growth or oat sprouts, you can use ordinary rolled oats and grind them to make a powdery texture.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csfPjbl0E8U