note – the original video for this recipe is “no longer available”, so I found an alternate video to take its place. Please note that ingredients and technique may vary slightly from the written version below.
Chocolate is a combination of processed cacao, vanilla, milk, butter, and vegetable oil. A 100 milligram serving of chocolate is 540 calories, so this is not a healthy snack for those trying to lose or maintain their ideal weight. A healthier alternative is to use raw cacao, which is made out of roasted cacao with no additional ingredients.
This smoothie is made out of raw cacao powder and raw cacao nibs, which are both considered as super food. Combined with bananas and almond milk, this smoothie is a healthy way to satisfy your chocolate cravings without a lot of calories.
• 2 bananas
• 1 cup of almond milk
• 2 tbsp of raw cacao powder
• 1 tbsp of raw cacao nibs
• 1 tbsp of almond butter
This smoothie takes 5 minutes to make. Serves 1 to 2.
Place banana, almond milk, raw cacao powder, raw cacao nibs, and almond butter in a blender.
Pulse until smooth.
Serve in glasses.
Ideas And Tips:
• If you don’t have almond butter, you can also use peanut butter.
• You can add other ingredients to this smoothie like peanuts, walnuts, almonds, raisins, and dried fruit.
• You can also use soy milk or whatever milk you prefer for this smoothie.
• Raw cacao powder is the most basic ingredient for making chocolate. It is the same as raw cocoa powder. Cacao beans are roasted and then grounded up. Raw cacao powder does not have any added sugar or milk. It is considered as a superfood. A 1 tbsp serving of raw cacao powder only has 12 calories and 12 milligrams of caffeine. It is rich in fiber, calcium, iron, and a number of vitamins and minerals.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE4-11qPAOc